- PEAS AND CORNBREAD: A fine plate of food at Emerson’s Purple Hull Pea Festival is just part of an extensive report from the field by Kat Robinson on her Tie Dye Travels blog.
It’s open for your comments. Closing out:
* LET US PRAY: 40/29 reports on a scheme uncovered to use a Bible to smuggle drugs into the Izard County Jail.
* MURDOCH’S WALL STREET JOURNAL: Used to be that lots of salt was necessary with Wall Street Journal editorials, but the reporting was beyond reproach. Gawker does some reproaching here on WSJ’s sympathetic anti-union coverage of Walmart activites in Los Angeles, where a flack was outed for infiltrating a labor union.
LATE NEWS UPDATES LATE NEWS UPDATES
* MUGGING IN HILLCREST/QUESTIONS ABOUT POLICE RESPONSE: Forbidden Hillcrest turns up another police item of interest, the mugging of a man walking to his home in Hillcrest as he walked behind Leo’s Greek Castle on Kavanaugh about 12:20 a.m. Saturday. The man, who was robbed of a cell phone in a struggle with a robber, wasn’t seriously hurt by a possible gunshot wound. The reporting here is about the difficulty in getting the 911 dispatcher to send police and EMT to the scene.
* FAYETTEVILLE CITY ATTORNEY SUPPORTS MEDICAL MARIJUANA: Interesting report from KNWA. Fayetteville City Attorney Kit Williams says he supports the medical marijuana initiative. His wife Emily said it might have made her a criminal, but marijuana was her only relief as she coped with cancer.